Articles from Apostle Eddie
Discipleship: A disciple of the Lord is one who studies and follows Jesus Christ continually.
- The role of the disciple is to mimic Jesus and immerse themselves in His teachings. Someone once said: “Get dusty in the dust of their feet and drink of their words with thirst.” This saying explains however true disciple of the Lord should feel they are so focused on following the Lord that they are getting dusty from His dust and they have an unquenchable thirst for Him and His teachings that only the Lord can truly satisfy.
- Jesus states in Matthew 28:19 to go and make disciples. Believers are born of God however disciples are made; you are not automatically a disciple of Christ just because you are born again or saved. You have to go through a process of total surrender and become a disciple of Christ, His follower.
- Luke 14:33 – So likewise, whosoever he is of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. AND Luke 14:33 (MSG) “Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people and kiss it good-bye, you can’t be my disciple. (See also Luke 14:26; Matthew 10:37) You see becoming a disciple of Christ will take action on your part, God does His part to save you and you must do your part to become His disciple.
How are you made a disciple?
- By surrendering all you are to Jesus Christ and allowing Him to transform you into everything He designed for you to be.
- By obeying, trusting and applying the teachings of Christ.
- By remaining steadfast, immovable, determined to fulfill your destiny and purpose no matter what may come your way, for you KNOW Jesus Christ IS ALWAYS with you and you were born on purpose for a purpose.
- Being taught and learning the teachings of Christ from established disciples.
- By surrounding yourself with disciples that will encourage you to believe in Christ, because of their testimony, which is evidenced in the manner they live their lives.
5 reasons why we should become Disciples of Christ:
- To fulfill the great commission and ministry that has been entrusted to us, to become Disciples of Christ and to go and make disciples. (Matthew 28:18-20 and 2 Corinthians 5:18-19)
- To be truly free and grounded in our new reality as Children of God, heir’s and co-heirs together with Christ. (John.8:31-36 and Ephesians 1:1-5)
- To have a solid foundation of eternal life, which is more than living forever but to know that Father and Christ. (John 17:3)
- To have the knowledge of the Son of God, to reach the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ and not be moved by all winds of doctrines. So that hearing and knowing the truth we will grow in love. (Ephesians 4:11-15)
- To know we are God’s handiwork and to fulfill our destiny and purpose in Christ. (Ephesians 2:10)